Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Performance

Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
fast_Orange
Fast_Orange

Default Ice cold air.

Hey guys. kinda new to the site. just wondering what your opinion is on the best cold air intake for a 2007 style hemi? I was thinking either Vararam or Volant, but figured I'd ask someone that's actually swapped their intakes. thanks!
fast_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

First things first: Welcome!

Second, you can't go wrong with either. The other Admin, OklaHemi, has a Vararam and loves it. There are complaints about fit and finish though. Hopefully he'll chime in soon.

BTW, how did you find us?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Welcome to ORC! I helped Mike with the install on his vararam and it was actually pretty easy, looks cool under the hood lol
Old 11-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
fast_Orange
Fast_Orange

I just did a search for ram forums, then decided id rather go more local. I'm a member of the onepercent.net forum as well,mainly just from having some buddies that had cars that i drooled over.

How hard is it to fully install the vararam VS just swapping the box and filter and tube if i were to get the volant? the only somewhat difficult thing i saw on the instructions was routing the tubes to the front of the truck, which didnt even look that hard.

BTW david, i love your ram, before i purchased my '07, i almost bought an '11 outdoorsman, but do to getting the runaround from a salesman i bailed. i LOOOOVE the new hemi's
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Matt
SRT-10 Member

Originally Posted by fast_Orange View Post
I just did a search for ram forums, then decided id rather go more local. I'm a member of the onepercent.net forum as well,mainly just from having some buddies that had cars that i drooled over.

How hard is it to fully install the vararam VS just swapping the box and filter and tube if i were to get the volant? the only somewhat difficult thing i saw on the instructions was routing the tubes to the front of the truck, which didnt even look that hard.

BTW david, i love your ram, before i purchased my '07, i almost bought an '11 outdoorsman, but do to getting the runaround from a salesman i bailed. i LOOOOVE the new hemi's
ha this sounds familar lol seems like thats the new thing to do on the 11 outdoorsman ...
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
fast_Orange
Fast_Orange

yea it was the last of there 11's, i just wanted a single cab hemi,possibly the express package, and he offered the brand new outdoorsman to me at 22.9, upon almost jumping all over it , told me he didnt do his homework and told me the rebates were only for militiary,etc.. so the price magically jumped back up to 25,9 and he couldnt understand why i didnt wanna buy it anymore.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
OklaHemi
SRT-10 Member

installing the vararam took about 30 minutes total, not bad at all. i really like it and once i made the modified funnel for oil changes i started liking it a lot more
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #8
fast_Orange
Fast_Orange

Yea I bet it made the oil cap a pain to get to for oil changes.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

If it were me I would do the VR.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
fast_Orange
Fast_Orange

well i plan on getting an srt-10 hood or some kind of ram air system down the line so i want to make it all work together.