Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
ITSADOJ

Default Other hobbies

I have a feeling that trucking is not THE single hobby with the folks in this forum. How about posting some comments about your other fun things and mebbe even some photos?!!

Shootin' my .45 gummint model at H&H back in Feb. Distance was 30 ft; not a bad group for a guy with gray hair, trifocals, and Parkinson's!

This 1911 .45 Gov't Model was originally issued to the US Army in May of '45. Somebody got it chromed and tooled, then my late father in law got it, and he gave it to me. I had the slide re-chromed and the body done in electroless nickel, added custom features like ambidextrous safeties, better sights, new hammer, a wonderful trigger job, etc...The thing will shoot a fly off the wall at 50 ft if I can hold it steady enough!

2004 Jaguar XKR convertible, I sold the car recently. I am also the President of the local Jag Club for this year and editor for the monthly newsletter. (I finished 1st in class for a 5 state regional area within the nat'l Jag club in 2010.)

I sold the red one to get funding to do the green one! It's a 1986 XJ6, originally powered by a 4.2 liter DOHC 6 with a 3 spd automatic. Great car, but bog slow!

The XJ6 has been re-engine with a supercharged 4.0 liter DOHC 4-valve 6 from a wrecked '95 Jag XJR. The engine and 4 spd automatic are in the car, but it has yet to be completed. Needs electrical hookups and a lot of water plumbing. Next step is a new paint job and then all new interior; I can hardly wait since the power has gone from about 180 hp to just over 320 hp! Gee, when done, it'll be a $25,000 investment in a $6,000 car! Cool, eh?

ITSADOJ is offline   Reply With Quote