Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Exterior

Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Dave I know exactly what you're saying I personally think my truck looks hideous. But I'm my own toughest critic, i look at my ride and think wow what a beat up pos. but other people seem to like it. I got more attention at the show this weekend than I ever have anywhere before and I did it by putting in a mix cd with crazy music like pantera, lamb of god, in this moment, and I cranked that thing all the way up and let JL Audio do the rest of the work while I walked around detailing the truck. Just an idea. Not sure if you do that or not
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Sail by AWOLNATION is also a real crowd hype...

I beat this song when I hit local shows around here lol

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #23
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Good one gonna have to add it to the list.
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

I just got on for the first time this weekend and saw this... I personally don't think you should do any vinyls... The hood spears are a cool idea that I could see looking good, or have you though about maybe some custom pin striping detail? Not so much that it looks Hispanic and takes away from the truck but just so that it gives a hint of additional detail that further sets it apart. I honestly love the look of your truck, I'm ALL ABOUT very subtle details.. That's just what gets me personally lol. What ever you do just make sure that you don't let your search of a 1st place trophy make you do something to your truck that you won't be absolutely and always happy you did.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
DoubleTakeDodge
James

Send a message via Skype™ to DoubleTakeDodge

Sail is a good one! And it beats pretty good too. AWOLNATION is actually from Oklahoma as well..
Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
What ever you do just make sure that you don't let your search of a 1st place trophy make you do something to your truck that you won't be absolutely and always happy you did.
^^^^ This...you youngins gotta rmember to get to the dream vehicle level requires a sacrifice of time, money and a bit of tastelessness that is almost every bit a fantasy as dating the models on the cover shoot of said vehicle.

If you are planning on seriously competing at the Kicker show or Daryl Starbird level your vehicle becomes an investment, not a driver.
Sure, theres some things that you can borrow from those types of vehicles, but if you're going to do all that to go to local shows someones' charity is sponsoring, you're probably going to frustrate yourself. In fact, I can speak from the deepest depths of dark experience on that.

You guys really should start attending shows instead blustering about on here. BTW, it's also a numbers game. The more shows you attend where people can see your truck, the more likely you are to start taking home some hardware. At least it works for me.

On 2nd thought, stay home and keep posting on how your truck sucks. I'd enjoy the company at the show grounds but am not sure about tightening the "competition" (mad scientist/demented dwarf cackle fades into the distance)

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-22-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #27
ramthis9501
Cummins Member

Originally Posted by (S.M.R) 101 View Post
Sail by AWOLNATION is also a real crowd hype...

I beat this song when I hit local shows around here lol
Yup! That song is one of my favorites by far