Go Back   Oklahoma Ram Club > Dodge Ram > Exterior

Old 10-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #11
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Thanks guys. I really just need something to grab more attention at shows. I really like showing but my truck doesn't get enough attention....and the things that grab attention are mostly horrible.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Thanks guys. I really just need something to grab more attention at shows. I really like showing but my truck doesn't get enough attention....and the things that grab attention are mostly horrible.
Once again, you are the only one that sees the flaws. I see a gem in need of just a bit more polish...

There's a zen rethink here...what is the true purpose of your truck? Is it to grab the 10 dollar show trophy? If so, the only opportunity lies in retiring it from street duty.

You would have to bring it somewhere near the level of suicided door truck at the midwest show...in your own way. BTW although the truck was attention grabbing, the only things that held my interest were the unique billet pieces. IMO, blending that trucks unique details with your overall finish is the trick.

If it's that big a deal but the above financially impossible...I'd suggest having your wife dust the truck every 15 mins in the little outfit shes's wearing in your avitar shot...with some heels on...while smiling and talking to the public. < She'll think I'm such a perv after reading this...but you'd expect nothing but blunt honesty from me right?

How about investing in a show board if that won't work? If nothing else...patriotic themes and/or a mural saluting our countries' vets, or firefighters/police.

Now that I think of it...a tailgate mural with a fight of B-17s coming out of it surrounded by flak bursts and burning ME-109s would be awesome.

EDIT: Not that it will you feel any better Dave, but 97% of the people that walk by my truck don't give it a second glance. The other 2% are vocal enough to ask why it's here or what's so special about it.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-21-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Paint the hood and roof like we were talking about.. I think painted hood spears would look good. And it wouldn't look out of place if you had it painted and cleared.. most people put the vinyl and it looks bland and generic.

But that's just my feelings dude.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
(S.M.R) 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Al, I know I can always count on you for a blunt and honest opinion and although I may not show it, I do appreciate it.

I guess you are right about what would be needed to get attention and I'm really not willing to do it. I don't want color changing lights, lambo doors, or screens all through the interior...and although I would love it, my wife will never do that, lol.

Kyle, I agree about the painting, but I'm not going to do the roof until I have a hard tonneau cover that can help flow the theme. I guess that's something to aim for.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

I get what your saying man.. But I agree with Al.. Your truck is amazing man. I have your truck as my background on my computer from when we did the rolling shots and everyone I work with thinks it's the best looking 4th gen they have seen.

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 10-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Except for yours, of course.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #17
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I think a showboard, some painted and/or dark anodized engine details, and a smattering of other interior details will go a long way.
Maybe some ghost flames a shade off the original color would work. What ever you paint should not hide the finish.

Again, the unique color of your truck is its greatest asset. Conversley...it's a dark and foreboding shade...any theme in the truck should reflect that. That doesn't mean you need to make it into a gothic beast. But its never gonna be a bright and happy truck and I don't thnk you can turn it into one.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-21-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #18
(S.M.R) 101
Outdoorsman Member

Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
Except for yours, of course.
Actually... Most of them said they thought your "Theme" looked better than mine..

Your truck has all the guys wanting to lower their trucks haha

"Oilfield Outlaw"
Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Cummins Member

Originally Posted by Okiespaniels View Post
I think a showboard, some painted and/or dark anodized engine details, and a smattering of other interior details will go a long way.
Maybe some ghost flames a shade off the original color would work. What ever you paint should not hide the finish.

Again, the unique color of your truck is its greatest asset. Conversley...it's a dark and foreboding shade...any theme in the truck should reflect that. That doesn't mean you need to make it into a gothic beast. But its never gonna be a bright and happy truck and I don't thnk you can turn it into one.
I definitely agree with the dark interior look Al. I actually had plans to refinish the interior pillars and wrap the headliner and visors but I couldn't find anything that would be safe to use on the interior plastics that would last.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #20
1Tuff6.7
Diesel freak

Originally Posted by fastnnuffrt View Post
Half?
Sorry. For a second there I thought r/t stood for real truck! BOOM!!!
Just kidding....
Lowered 2.5"-s&b CAI-5" flopro TBE-ARP studs-Sinister cooler delete-GDP intake mani-h&s black maxx Custom tuned by Ryan Milliken@hardway performance-FASS 220-sinister tank sump-simpson diesel laddder bars-isspro gauges-Snow stg3 water/meth kit-600k HIDs-Recon LEDs-plasti dipped bumpers-Rok-Tek grille-bushwacker flares-AMP power steps-cover king seat covers-all JL Audio sound system.

"America is all about speed. hot,nasty,badass speed"
-Eleanor Roosevelt
1Tuff6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote