Thread: Decals
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Originally Posted by DoubleTakeDodge View Post
What ever you do just make sure that you don't let your search of a 1st place trophy make you do something to your truck that you won't be absolutely and always happy you did.
^^^^ This...you youngins gotta rmember to get to the dream vehicle level requires a sacrifice of time, money and a bit of tastelessness that is almost every bit a fantasy as dating the models on the cover shoot of said vehicle.

If you are planning on seriously competing at the Kicker show or Daryl Starbird level your vehicle becomes an investment, not a driver.
Sure, theres some things that you can borrow from those types of vehicles, but if you're going to do all that to go to local shows someones' charity is sponsoring, you're probably going to frustrate yourself. In fact, I can speak from the deepest depths of dark experience on that.

You guys really should start attending shows instead blustering about on here. BTW, it's also a numbers game. The more shows you attend where people can see your truck, the more likely you are to start taking home some hardware. At least it works for me.

On 2nd thought, stay home and keep posting on how your truck sucks. I'd enjoy the company at the show grounds but am not sure about tightening the "competition" (mad scientist/demented dwarf cackle fades into the distance)

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-22-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote