View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

I just realized what you were trying to do...while I applaud your enthusiasm you are will never get the results you are hoping for. There's simply too much warm air around the engine to have that hose be effective.
That hole in your fender flows a lot more air than you might think, and it's cleaner than frontal air. Why do you think NASCAR drivers talk about how much better thier car runs in clean air. It's not just the aerodynamics, but all the exhaust, dirt and other stuff that chokes off an engine.
I would've either built a box to mount to the inner fender that seals off the filter from the engine heat (until the box heats up) or bought a round heat shield that clamps to the filter and itstalled it so the shield is on the front facing the radiator.
Perhaps that is what Mike will help you with.

Btw...while these will help, they will not be that effective in producing more power once the engine compartment reaches operating temp. Tests conducted on other forums show most air tubes remain constant within a few degrees even when the truck is moving and air is drwn through the filter.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 08-05-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote