View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
myoung84
Super Moderator

Default Just ordered a new Home Theater stereo

Got approval from my wife to put a new "stereo" in the bedroom. We have an old shelf top boom box stereo thing that still has a cassette deck for music! I started throwing the idea around a few months ago about adding a surround sound system to our bedroom TV which would double as a stereo for CD's as well as Pandora. It went from a sound bar with sub, then a all-in-one box thing, to finally a full blown surround system! For the cost of everything it was hard not to justify an extra few hundred bucks for a full system. I've never really liked the box systems.

This will end up being an upgrade for both the living room and the bedroom. My living room consisted of a Pioneer VSX-521 receiver and (5) Polk RM7 speakers with a Polk sub. What I ordered was a whole new system for the living room and moving the old stuff (less than 3 years old) up stairs. Can't wait to get shit in! It's going to be like Christmas! I went with the 921 receiver so I can eventually upgrade to 7.1 surround...

Living Room:
Pioneer VSX-921
Polk Series II Monitor50 front
Polk Series II CS1 center
Polk Series II Monitor30 rear
Polk PSW-111 sub

Bedroom:
Pioneer VSX-521
Polk RM7 front
Polk RM7 center
Polk RM7 rear
Polk PSW-10 sub

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front & Rear Shocks | AirLift 100 Air Bags
Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug
myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote