View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #24
Okiespaniels
Coffee, Gas, Ammo. Set!

Really? It isn't a boat guys...I don't know how that analogy works..?

Ok using the boat analogy, try this. The boat is already full of water,on the bottom of the lake. You cover the boat with a water tight balloon, then drill two holes. In one you insert a pump that pumps air into the balloon, forcing the water out the other. Eventually the balloon floats to the surface.

Thankfully your lights are tied down to the truck...however the water trapped in them that drains in from the fender runoff will drain out if deep enough. Then low pressure from the the air UNDER the lights when the truck is moving will suck the rest of it out and keep it dry.
Well, its worked for me the last two + years. Before that I was eating Silverstar bulbs after every major OK rain storm. I noticed the water was almost a half inch deep in the drivers housing after one gully washer. Having done this mod to other vehicles over the last 3 decades, I went and grabbed my drill. I't's not about turning your housing into swiss cheese. but makng sure it breathes just enough.
One hole might be enough for moisture, but I had to drain some serious flooding off.

Colton...I just reread your posts...and NO WHERE did I suggest you drill ANY holes in the TOPS of your housings! Now I know why your friends are questioning my intellegence!
You will need to fill the holes in the tops ASAP! That will NOT work...ok?

OMG, talk about overthinking. I don't know whether to LMAO, Cuss as only a Father can, or continue to shake my head in disbelief.

Last edited by Okiespaniels; 10-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Okiespaniels is offline   Reply With Quote