PDA

View Full Version : Over heat

LowRam
05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Help guys ive got a 91 fox body 5.0 mustang and its over heating i installed a new thermostat but same issue with getting hot

fast_Orange
05-12-2012, 10:54 PM
thermostat sticking? or maybe you have a bad water pump. start it up and get it to operating temp and look for leaks. or pull the dipstick and look at your oil for coolant contamination, and vice cersa. could be a blown head gasket

(S.M.R) 101
05-12-2012, 11:42 PM
maybe because it's a ford......... J/K dude..

fastnnuffrt
05-13-2012, 03:17 AM
U trade your truck for it?

BMRbrnSNRbrd
05-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Probably a dirty radiator. Take it out and have it cored by a reputable company.

Oh, and I moved your thread to the Lounge as this is not a Dodge Ram Performance issue.

LowRam
05-13-2012, 09:56 PM
New thermostat and radiator still getting hot, no i still have my ram and my tahoe also

LowRam
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
well I believe ive figured it out! :-) ill have it fixed by this weekend

ok previous owner basiclly tried to screw me over on the car he tried to tell me it just needed a new thermostat, but i only gave 2100 for the car so i figured if it was a major thing like head or head gasket id just have it done, the previous owner obviously new it was getting hot but tried to be sneaky about it but he left all the reciets in the car i found that he installed: new radiator, thermostat, fan, fan spacer, and heater core, i guess after he installed all this he decided to try and by pass the heater core, but still got hot on him, so thats when he must have thought that it had to be a head or head gasket, but after i took a good look over it at the house i found that the guy used the wrong fan thats the problem the whole time, the fan was pushing air out thru the grill rather than sucking it in and blowing out on the engine.