PDA

View Full Version : Spectre cold air intake question...

BdMoore85
03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I recently purchased an 08 ram (Laramie package , 17k miles, with the hemi and what not...forgive me for not being too knowledgable about it)...long story short it already had flowmaster exhaust system which was good, so today I purchased he spectre cold air intake system...was that a good choice? (it seemed like it was basically the same as k&n but cheaper)....Hopefully it will be here this week...anyway I'll take all the advice I can get about getting he most out of my truck and making it perform better than it already does...

Thanks in advance!
Brandon

ramthis9501
03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Awesome man glad you signed up! Get some pics up of your truck when you can and show it off lol

For the CAI, everyone will have their own opinions on what is best. I have a K&N on mine and love it, but theres not much difference in it compared to the Spectre. What you got will suffice with what you got going on performance right now. Many others will chime in soon that know alot more about it since they actually have Hemis... Lol

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-25-2012, 08:50 PM
First of all, welcome!

It will definitely fit your needs for now.

BdMoore85
03-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Idk much about my truck really, other than its got the tow package, 4x2, Laramie...I was thinkin about getting aFe throttle body spacer or something as well...just don't know where to begin really other than what I've already done, throttle spacer, and get a bully dog tuner, soooooo if someone could make a list of things (in order Plz lol) of performance items I would greatly appreciate it! Thx again!

LowRam
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
welcome to the site, I used the spectre intakes on both my 93 camaro and it helped some, also ran one on my 97 eclipse for awhile switched over to a AEM intake and couldnt tell any change was made so i think you intake will befine, unless you want just the little unnoticable differance and brand name

EXSAILORwithaHEMI
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Welcome! That is some awesome miles on that thing! I bet it's in great shape!

OklaHemi
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Holy shit ave your avi is going to give me a seizure

welcome to the club... a throttle body spacer doesnt help on our trucks so see if you can take it back for your money

Intake- check
exhaust system- including tne y-pipe
tuner

those will get your feet wet, then you can look into headers, torque converters, efans, and its pretty much wide open

fastnnuffrt
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Isn't any difference between aem kn spectre all if U wanna buy a name.. I do like spectres filters the most.. Performance tho lose the flow master put on a magnaflow or any other straight thru design rather than chanbered like a flow master. Best tuner seems to be diablo sport. Mine will get tuned diablo on the dyno I'm not a fan much of mail order handhelds.. And say no to tb spacer lol