PDA

View Full Version : Idea... Semi-Annual ORC awards?

Matt
02-18-2012, 02:45 AM
since the site is now 6 months old and getting new members daily might be fun to have some voting on our rides ??

best 2nd gen
best 3rd gen
best 4th gen
best sport
best offroad
best interior
best audio

maybe something like that?

Matt
02-19-2012, 02:00 AM
ha guess not lol

fastnnuffrt
02-19-2012, 02:32 AM
Ilike it

916Timmy
02-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd vote!!!

myoung84
02-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Lets do it!

OklaHemi
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
that is pretty broad for there being only 40+ members. we would run out of categories after a few months. im all about an OTM but it would need to be the right tone. maybe a random theme every month to try to showcase all rides while not setting wild against mild modded.

myoung84
02-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I'll go ahead and take my Power Wagon of the month award. :D

fastnnuffrt
02-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I'll take r/t of the month!

ramthis9501
02-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Everyone start recruiting more so we can get more members, then it would be alot more successful

(S.M.R) 101
02-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll take outdoorsman of the month :D

DoubleTakeDodge
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Everyone start recruiting more so we can get more members, then it would be alot more successful

I put note's on 4 windshields of nice dodge's in stillwater!

Matt
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
since the site is now 6 months old and getting new members daily might be fun to have some voting on our rides ??

best 2nd gen
best 3rd gen
best 4th gen
best sport
best offroad
best interior
best audio

maybe something like that?

that is pretty broad for there being only 40+ members. we would run out of categories after a few months. im all about an OTM but it would need to be the right tone. maybe a random theme every month to try to showcase all rides while not setting wild against mild modded.

5 categories then??

LowRam
02-20-2012, 09:45 AM
i like this idea

OklaHemi
03-06-2012, 02:27 AM
I dunno, we are all close enough, I think we need some other kind of bragging rights, something tangible. Brain storm that

DoubleTakeDodge
03-06-2012, 02:31 AM
I dunno, we are all close enough, I think we need some other kind of bragging rights, something tangible. Brain storm that

I agree. With judging the trucks you risk rubbing someone wrong. We could do something like best pic location (which I'm pretty sure D has the winning spot reserved for the first 6 times lol)/most creative pic, and other stuff similar to that.

Matt
03-06-2012, 02:55 AM
I agree. With judging the trucks you risk rubbing someone wrong. We could do something like best pic location (which I'm pretty sure D has the winning spot reserved for the first 6 times lol)/most creative pic, and other stuff similar to that.

well not really bc you can set up a poll and have it where it doesn't show who voted for who ....

OklaHemi
03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Im not worried about hurt feelings, i want something different than any other OTM or forum...

Matt
03-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Im not worried about hurt feelings, i want something different than any other OTM or forum...

like what

DoubleTakeDodge
well not really bc you can set up a poll and have it where it doesn't show who voted for who ....

Yeah, that's true. I just meant with a small group you'll have the same guys winning their catagories time after time. And you can't rotate the winners b/c then the winners aren't actually the winners, just next in line. Idk, it may work, just as long as everybody remains good sports about it.

OklaHemi
Im not sure yet, need to get the creative juices flowing

DoubleTakeDodge
03-06-2012, 03:04 AM
We need more people putting their opinions on this thread! lol

OklaHemi
03-06-2012, 03:11 AM
something public like facebook but we are all the friends.

a different way to choose other than vote.

a physical trophy to send around

Matt
03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah, that's true. I just meant with a small group you'll have the same guys winning their catagories time after time. And you can't rotate the winners b/c then the winners aren't actually the winners, just next in line. Idk, it may work, just as long as everybody remains good sports about it.

that's why you only do it twice a year ... look at how many members changed trucks or did considerable upgrades in the last 6 months ... i think it would be fun but then again i wouldn't be butthurt no matter what the outcome is ....

DoubleTakeDodge
03-06-2012, 03:21 AM
that's why you only do it twice a year ... look at how many members changed trucks or did considerable upgrades in the last 6 months ... i think it would be fun but then again i wouldn't be butthurt no matter what the outcome is ....

That's true, and then you have guys who now have different trucks (Morgan, Kyle, Me) and new members as well.

And I wouldn't be butthurt either. I'm very well aware that the truck I have now is nowhere near as unique as my last on lol. It's just an ongoing process

Matt
03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
That's true, and then you have guys who now have different trucks (Morgan, Kyle, Me) and new members as well.

And I wouldn't be butthurt either. I'm very well aware that the truck I have now is nowhere near as unique as my last on lol. It's just an ongoing process

lol i said that already ha

something public like facebook but we are all the friends.

a different way to choose other than vote.

a physical trophy to send around

guess i'm not following on what exactly you're looking for other than a physical trophy being swapped around .. however i'm against that bc i would turn into an issue i assure you damage to the trophy .. people not shipping it or complaining about the cost of shipping ... etc .. if you are doing a physical trophy i think it should be permanently theirs

Matt
03-06-2012, 03:27 AM
i like the thought of doing something different though .. thats why i brought up awards similar to a actual show vs like a rotm or something like everywhere else

DoubleTakeDodge
03-06-2012, 03:36 AM
whoops.. overread that haha

OklaHemi
03-06-2012, 04:39 AM
i dont want a trophy i want something everyone is interested in. trophy was brain storming. if we are going to do a semi annual competition, why not do it in person? im sure as a collective group of grown men we can set at least 2 dates a year to meet up hang out eat and have a live vote. i have a smoker on a trailer, a place in owasso that will accommodate all of our rides, and make them look like new

LowRam
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
If were going to do this I hope I can have my ram done in time, going to get a re done back half, boxing the frame, tubing the rear end, and some wheel wells in the front, new air tank, and re plumb new air lines

OU Hemi
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Start a calendar..

ramthis9501
03-06-2012, 11:34 PM
An actual live vote at a meetup would be pretty cool... then you could hold the trophy for 6 months til the next one