PDA

View Full Version : single cab set ups.

LowRam
01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
anyone on here have a blow thru sub set up?
or anyone have pics of the set up in a single cab? not much room for a sub i these things.. i may even end up removing the middle seat/ console and building a custom console that will also have my air gauge and switches.

just curious to see what most of yall have used

ramthis9501
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
I would think that you could just cut through the back of the cab and front of the bed and run everything that way. Have you Googled any pics?

And the center console thing sounds like it would be pretty cool

LowRam
01-16-2012, 11:33 PM
That a blow thru. That what i think im going to do. Ive also heard of people cutting a hole be low drivers seat and welding a metal box thats no lower than the frame and mounting a sub that way but i dont eant to do that im leaning more for the blow thru

OklaHemi
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
i have seen some pretty custom center consoles, jeremy aka numbers aka retrofit king aka 0215839er made the best looking one i have seen but it was in a 3rd gen.

there used to be a company that made a rubber boot of sorts that went between the cab and the bed to allow a box in the bed to port to the cab. there was a guy in kansas that had like 8 12's or something ridiculous in his bed.

ramthis9501
01-17-2012, 10:49 PM
had like 8 12's or something ridiculous in his bed.

I'm so gonna do that one day!

OklaHemi
01-17-2012, 10:53 PM
start saving and beef up the rear end. my buddy Dustin just had to replace his on his tahoe and all he has is 4 12's

Matt
01-18-2012, 01:36 AM
ya you can get that accordion boot at any rv place i'm pretty sure

LowRam
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
I seen a website that sold accordion boot but cant remember what it was called and not sure where an rv shop is at..
Im probably going to do two 12s for now maybe two 15s eventually but im goin to do my system in my tahoe before i buy the one for this truck im going to wall my tahoe with four 15s

OklaHemi
01-18-2012, 02:16 AM
there are rv shops galore he in tulsa oklahomie

Matt
01-18-2012, 05:23 AM
I seen a website that sold accordion boot but cant remember what it was called and not sure where an rv shop is at..
Im probably going to do two 12s for now maybe two 15s eventually but im goin to do my system in my tahoe before i buy the one for this truck im going to wall my tahoe with four 15s

any particular reason you're going to do a wall? you'll have a much louder musical setup with a standard custom box subs up port back and if you don't do everything exactly right with a wall you lose tons of db's with cancelation and such ... you have plenty of room for 4 15's in a regular box so you aren't gaining anything except a ton of work and ruining your interior by doing a wall ...

and if you're only going to do 2 12's keep it in the cab it will be louder .. do a downfired box as a center console ... best way to do a single cab

LowRam
01-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Hmm i figured wall would be best..

Well i was going to just build the box to specs of two 15s but only cut front plate for two 12s then when i upgrade ill just cut bigger face plate holes for 15s to fit

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 08:56 AM
I have a buddy who had 4 12's in a custom box behind the seat of his '96 dodge ram single cab. that thing would HAMMER! I can get more info on it if you want.

Matt
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Hmm i figured wall would be best..

Well i was going to just build the box to specs of two 15s but only cut front plate for two 12s then when i upgrade ill just cut bigger face plate holes for 15s to fit

if you do that your 12's will sound like crap ... airspace is matched for the size of the subs ...

LowRam
01-18-2012, 12:58 PM
yea i know they wouldnt sound the best with the 12s but i mean it would be a little something just to have better than the nothing that in it lol.

doubletake will you see what kind of 12s they were and stuff for me. ive googled for custom sub enclosures for 94-01 rams and never found any box that would fit behind the seat of a single cab

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
they were audiobahns and it was a custom truck box that we built with the help of a local audio shop who used some software that tell's you the dimensions to build it to spec for a particular sub.

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 01:13 PM
it wasn't premade. it was made of 3/4" MDF and tok every bit of room behind the seats. the seats had to be moved about 2 click forward

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Nvm, they were 4 memphis pr 12"s. he had audiobahn 15"s in it before that. and he still has the box

LowRam
01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
can I get the demensions to that box?

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 02:40 PM
yeah, let me try to get ahold of him...

DoubleTakeDodge
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
He's gonna measure it and get back to me. the seats have to be moved slightly forward and the center console rear bolts have to be un bolted though...

LowRam
01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Alright. Thanks

Matt
01-19-2012, 05:44 AM
yea i know they wouldnt sound the best with the 12s but i mean it would be a little something just to have better than the nothing that in it lol.

doubletake will you see what kind of 12s they were and stuff for me. ive googled for custom sub enclosures for 94-01 rams and never found any box that would fit behind the seat of a single cab

no i mean that it will sound absolutely terrible lol you don't realize how much a box affects the sound ..

can I get the demensions to that box?

just remember he had that box built for certain subs not all speakers are designed the same and have different needs ie: different tuning/box size/power handling so just bc it was amazing on those subs if you don't go with the same speakers your output could be quite a bit different

LowRam
01-19-2012, 09:44 AM
alright thanks matt. anything will sound better than this 12" rockford shallow mount that ive got and its in the rockford box that was made for the sub... im pretty sure my 5 year old sony xplod 10" sounds better than this thing even in a shitty box thats not even air tight lol

Matt
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
alright thanks matt. anything will sound better than this 12" rockford shallow mount that ive got and its in the rockford box that was made for the sub... im pretty sure my 5 year old sony xplod 10" sounds better than this thing even in a shitty box thats not even air tight lol

you'd probably have the same sound honestly both are terrible lol that p3 slim is garbage haha

LowRam
01-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Agreed! I havent heard any rockford system that i actually liked..

Matt
01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
ahh you can't compare their worst performing sub to everything else ... their p2's are pretty decent for the cost and their power t series stuff is GREAT ...

LowRam
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
well matt im kind of holding off with the system in the dodge now. ive went a head and started walling the tahoe. but not for four 15s, its going to be 10ft^3 and tuned at 37htz going for some beastly SPL lol
right now its framed in and ready to lay some MDF, its bolted thru the body so it wont move at all, and after its all together im going to go thru and trim it all in from floor to cieling and from one side to the other.
hope it comes out as planned

Matt
01-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Confused on the reason you're walling it off and ESPECIALLY at such a low tuning you have plenty of room for a crx style box and will be louder to the ear and the mic if you're going to do 10 cubes the way a wall is setup an inch here or there will make a difference on your score so if you're not testing EVERY step with a term lab you aren't going to maximize the wall... It's way easier and a lot less error to do a crx style in a suv and most of the time way louder ...

LowRam
01-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Im not sure what a crx box is..

and i wish i had access to a term lab

Matt
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Subs firing up towards the roof port at bottom firing back at the hatch.. MURDERS IN A SUV when done right

LowRam
01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
wow so i built the wall to the specs of two 18s but right now ive only got one 18 in it and yet it sounds really god i expected it to sound horrible until i got the other 18 in with it but its really not bad at all! cant wait to throw the other 18 in when it comes in.