PDA

View Full Version : help with an name

LowRam
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
can yall help give me some ideas on a cool name for my dodge... I really cant think of any that ive liked so far.

LowRam
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
im thinking maybe... project "Under the Radar"

ive got a few reasons why i want to use this name

ramthis9501
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Draggin'

LowRam
01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
one reason i Kind of wanted to use "under the radar" is because if you google what under the radar means it says "to lay low and keep a low profile"

so as you can tell truck lays low, and when i get some 22s or 24" rims there going to have low pro tires" so i think the name kind of fits.

Oh and the paint job i have planned is hard for a cop radar to pick up on.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I've always thought you should name the project once it's done rather than before...you never know what turns you might take while doing the build.

LowRam
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
my project is pretty much done only changes will be the paint, different grille, black headlights and black tailights, the reverse hood kit, a roll pan, and rims

but pretty much every thing the name i have came up with fits what is already done to it.

MegaCabMan
01-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I think you should call it Bob. But if you paint it black then call it Robert.

I know, genus, right?!...no need to thank me tho.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
my project is pretty much done only changes will be the paint, different grille, black headlights and black tailights, the reverse hood kit, a roll pan, and rims

but pretty much every thing the name i have came up with fits what is already done to it.

Dude...that's like saying it's pretty much done except for getting the big stuff started...

Matt
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
one reason i Kind of wanted to use "under the radar" is because if you google what under the radar means it says "to lay low and keep a low profile"

so as you can tell truck lays low, and when i get some 22s or 24" rims there going to have low pro tires so i think the name kind of fits.

Oh and the paint job i have planned is hard for a cop radar to pick up on.

a matte black paint job is still easy to pick up on radar fyi

is your truck even setup to lay out on 24s?

agreed

Dude...that's like saying it's pretty much done except for getting the big stuff started...

lol right

btw you have forgotten re-doing the backhalf on your list .. that's actually where i would start at .. looks kinda sketchy

myoung84
01-10-2012, 04:56 PM

:lol: :worship:

LowRam
01-10-2012, 06:03 PM
its not just matte black theres more to it.

I didnt say that it would definatly be on 24s.

and the big part i think is bagging in the rest is all little shit to me.

this sight is becoming another shit talking forum just like all others.... SMH

OU Hemi
01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Snakeshit
Nothing's lower than snakeshit.

Really like your idea though.
Under the radar

I'll think about it.

OklaHemi
01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
LOWLIFE(tag)

Blacksheep

OklaHemi
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Ill try to think of more im in drafting class right now

Matt
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
its not just matte black theres more to it.

I didnt say that it would definatly be on 24s.

and the big part i think is bagging in the rest is all little shit to me.

this sight is becoming another shit talking forum just like all others.... SMH

this site isn't talking shit .. i simply said your backhalf is a little sketchy which you shouldn't get offended by that bc you didn't do the work you bought the truck like that

LowRam
01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
What makes it sketchy? It looks messy but nothing i see is sketchy about it

Okiespaniels
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Y'know, I have to take offense with the "shit talking" comment. This is the internet. People talk more shit on here than anywhere in reality, because they'd never get away with it out in the real world.
The point is, if you're that easily offended by what people type, move on. There are plenty of other places to hang. Or stop talking and start wrenching. Show us something you've done that will impress us.
Or...do something to your truck that will impress yourself. That should be the ONLY person you need to impress.

As far as naming your ride...we've already got one confused truck/owner here. Trucks in a state of flux should never be permanently named. In time truck will name itself. Or it won't.

Matt
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM
you're right it looks perfect

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/slammed97tahoe/1fbf1598.jpg
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/slammed97tahoe/4e229f94.jpg

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 10:41 PM
I somewhat agree with LowRam and somewhat not. I don't think it's necessarily shit talking but there are some ppl (wont mention any names) who intentionally put down other's rides and ideas not for the sake of potential improvement but for the sake of being a jerk and putting them down. I think I speak for everyone, and if I don't then I should, when I say that if you have constructive criticism for a ride, let them know in a RESERVED and RESPECTFUL way. Don't talk crap to talk crap and don't intentionally start stuff with other members. If you just don't like something about the truck but can't let the owner know w/o being a douche, keep your mouth shut because the point of the build is not to please others but to please the owner.

As far as naming your truck, I personally like Under the Radar but do have to agree that i wouldn't name it until it's a little more pieced together. Either way i hope the truck winds up looking as good as it sounds like it will!

ramthis9501
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I did alot to my truck before I named it. Do the work first then worry about a name if you want. Like everyone has said, you might change your mind later.

And for the shit talking, I don't see really see any on this thread... It seems more to me like peoples opinions and a little constructive critisism which is needed at times to make your ride the best it can be. Yes some might go on, and if you don't like it or get tired of it, let me, Dave or Mike know and we'll take care if it.

Now lets end that and get back to the truck.

Matt
01-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I somewhat agree with LowRam and somewhat not. I don't think it's necessarily shit talking but there are some ppl (wont mention any names) who intentionally put dow other's rides and ideas not for the sake of potential improvement but for the sake of being an ass and putting them down. I think I speak for everyone, and if I don't then I should, when I say that if you have constructive criticism for a ride, let them know in a RESERVED and RESPECTFUL way. Don't talk shit to talk shit and don't intentionally start shit with other members. If you just don't like something about the truck but can't let the owner know w/o being a douche, keep your damn mouth shut because the point of the build is not to please others but to please the owner.

As far as naming your truck, I personally like Under the Radar but do have to agree that i wouldn't name it until it's a little more pieced together. Either way i hope the truck winds up looking as good as it sounds like it will!

i will just assume you are talking to me since i'm the only one that said anything .. and again i will say that i didn't mention anything about his ride from a personal opinion and will not if someone's truck isn't my cup of tea then so be it as long as they like it ... i will say something though if someone has over-looked something safety wise in the 2 pics i've seen of the setup it does indeed look sketchy and i can't even see the welds or the link bars to make a better determination but chances are if everything is rusted and the time wasn't taken to clean up the setup and do things right the first time then there are bigger issues and the amount of force applied when dragging a frame is quite high many of trucks have had catastrophic failures from bag jobs that weren't up to snuff ... this is his first bagged truck so maybe he doesn't understand what is safe and what is not safe ... and he bought it like this he didn't do the work so i'm not even criticizing his work so nobody here should be butthurt ...

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Now lets end that and get back to the truck.

AMEN! The only reason I named my truck well before i am done with it is because it really doesn't have alot to do with the look of the truck itself. but the decision is yours in the end as to whether or not you wanna wait to name it. You get a mental image in your head but plans change!

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 11:09 PM
i will just assume you are talking to me since i'm the only one that said anything .. and again i will say that i didn't mention anything about his ride from a personal opinion and will not if someone's truck isn't my cup of tea then so be it as long as they like it ... i will say something though if someone has over-looked something safety wise in the 2 pics i've seen of the setup it does indeed look sketchy and i can't even see the welds or the link bars to make a better determination but chances are if everything is rusted and the time wasn't taken to clean up the setup and do things right the first time then there are bigger issues and the amount of force applied when dragging a frame is quite high many of trucks have had catastrophic failures from bag jobs that weren't up to snuff ... this is his first bagged truck so maybe he doesn't understand what is safe and what is not safe ... and he bought it like this he didn't do the work so i'm not even criticizing his work so nobody here should be butthurt ...

It was directed to noone in particular. But to anyone who has any kind of negative implications behind their comments. I was speaking on the TOPIC and not to anyone who has SAID anything in particular. If somehow you feel like it applies to you specifically, that's on you my friend. But on that note there really is probabbly a better way to express how "sketchy" his rear setup may be. On the subject of first-hand experience with a laid out truck, I have none. Nor do I claim to. So as correct as you may be, you've obviously offended him or irritated him, or something, and that's just not the point of the forum so there's no need to get testy. Everybody just needs to chill out and appreciate each other's rides.

Matt
01-10-2012, 11:17 PM
woah woah woah if you can't take a negative comment on an internet forum of likeminded individuals then there might be an issue .. my comment was being a saint compared to the last site that he posted those pictures on ... i'm not trying to be an ass and this is getting WAYY bigger than is needed over a simple comment about adding something to his list that needs repaired i didn't call his truck a pos or even degrade it at all or him as a person so everyone needs to grow up and and stop crying over spilled milk .. we all have things on our trucks that need to be button'ed up or fixed (cept the ass with the brand new sweet power wagon- hate you btw lol) if someone (not saying i'm any but the last) older/wiser/better/ or just had a second set of eyes tells me i need to have some part of my truck looked at or fixed i would look into it especially if i had doubts already.. but seriously if you can't handle a simple comment like that then you should turn off your internet modem

Okiespaniels
01-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Milk and cookies anyone?

:birgits_tiredcoffee

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 11:23 PM
woah woah woah if you can't take a negative comment on an internet forum of likeminded individuals then there might be an issue .. my comment was being a saint compared to the last site that he posted those pictures on ... i'm not trying to be an ass and this is getting WAYY bigger than is needed over a simple comment about adding something to his list that needs repaired i didn't call his truck a pos or even degrade it at all or him as a person so everyone needs to grow up and and stop crying over spilled milk .. we all have things on our trucks that need to be button'ed up or fixed (cept the ass with the brand new sweet power wagon- hate you btw lol) if someone (not saying i'm any but the last) older/wiser/better/ or just had a second set of eyes tells me i need to have some part of my truck looked at or fixed i would look into it especially if i had doubts already.. but seriously if you can't handle a simple comment like that then you should turn off your internet modem

I understand your standpoint completely on constuctive criticism and am on the same side! I don't think anybody is butthurt at all. But i can also see how diction chosen for said constructive criticism could be irritating. I don't see anybody throwing a fit or blowing it out of proportion though. Seems like a pretty civilized conversation to me. That is one thing good about this forum, as far as i can tell everyone is laid back.

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Milk and cookies anyone?

Hahaha please and thank you!

ramthis9501
01-10-2012, 11:28 PM
That is one thing good about this forum, as far as i can tell everyone is laid back.

And lets keep it that way, now you all make your peace and lets all move on

DoubleTakeDodge
01-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Haha we're all at peace and to some degree or another on the same side.

Okiespaniels
01-10-2012, 11:37 PM
you're right it looks perfect

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/slammed97tahoe/1fbf1598.jpg
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/slammed97tahoe/4e229f94.jpg

I'm afraid I'm going to agree with Matt. I know that LowRam didn't build this, but I'd have to say it looks like someone just threw the pieces in there and hooked them up. The open wheel wells and bed invite component damage from flying debris and every bit of rust should be cleaned and painted.
The Irony is that "below the radar" fits the component install because the cover hides it. A well built truck should have nothing to hide.

In Lowrams defense, I deal everyday on other forums with lifted 2nd gens that are just as cobbled in the other direction. Thier owners wonder why after a poorly done lift that thier larger tires rub, the truck is all over the road, and they seem to be breaking parts much faster.

OklaHemi
01-11-2012, 12:33 AM
i think im going to change my major to psychology to see how a question about a name goes like this. people are going to have different perspectives and opinions that are welcome but i see more criticisms than ideas for a name. i tried but like these guys have said seeing the final picture will go a long way in coming up with the perfect name. giving what i have read about your plans your truck is going to be gorgeous when you are through and(please dont take this offensive) given the current state of transformation the "project name" can be "operation ugly duckling" then once its done the name of the finished product will scream at you.

LowRam
01-11-2012, 12:38 AM
My cover is mainly on because i dont want it left open for people to steal anything. At a show the cover will be up even if the bed isnt fixed by then not really using it to hide mor to protect. Frame will be sanded and probably coated in bed liner just to keep frame as fresh as i can. But it all takes time and cash only time i have is usually weekends sometimes i dont even have that.

OklaHemi
01-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Bath her and bring her to me. my weekends are wide open if you need help with anything within my realm. i would never have that stuff in the back of my truck w/o a cover(unless at a show) i dont care how nice it looked.