PDA

View Full Version : Uhh Ohh

(S.M.R) 101
10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Might be buying me a new truck tomorrow boys :dogpile:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x355/Kyle_Andress/feff863c5b3855bcb2f844a9e1475c99x.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x355/Kyle_Andress/3b9015f1f6772676cc0e2b0703909174x.jpg

Went and drove it today.. after I drove like 5 different trucks I landed in this one and i'm really digging it..

If they can make the numbers work that I want i'll be driving a brand new CTD tomorrow!

(S.M.R) 101
10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Options
•11.50 Rear Axle
•115V Auxiliary Power Outlet
•180 Amp Alternator
•40/20/40 Split Bench Seat
•5.5 Additional Gallons of Diesel
•50 State Emissions
•730 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
•Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
•BF Goodrich Brand Tires
•Big Horn Regional Package
•Bighorn Badge
•Black Exterior Mirrors
•Black Power Trailer Tow Mirrors
•Bright/Bright Grille
•Clearance Lamps
•Cold Weather Group
•Cummins Diesel 800 lb.ft. Torque
•Cummins Turbo Diesel Badge
•Current Generation Engine Controller
•Diesel Exhaust Brake
•Electronically Controlled Throttle
•Engine Block Heater
•Engine: 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
•Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
•Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
•Exterior Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals
•Fog Lamps
•Front Bumper Sight Shields
•Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
•HD Snow Plow Prep Group
•Halogen Quad Headlamps
•Luxury Group
•Power 10-Way Driver Seat
•Power Lumbar Adjust
•Premium Cloth 40/20/40 Bench Seat
•Protection Group
•Quick Order Package 2FZ Big Horn
•Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat
•Remote Start System
•Tip Start
•Tires: LT265/70R17E OWL On/Off Road
•Tow Hooks
•Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
•Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
•Wheels: 17" x 8" Polished Forged Aluminum
•Winter Front Grille Cover

POWERTRAIN
•Cylinder deactivation
•Engine liters: 6.7
•Limited slip differential
•Cylinder configuration: I-6
•Compressor: intercooled turbo
•Manual-shift auto
•Sequential multi-point fuel injection
•Number of valves: 24
•Transmission: 6 speed automatic
•Recommended fuel: diesel
•Horsepower: 350hp @ 3,000RPM
•Fuel tank capacity: 34.0gal.
•Drive type: four-wheel
•Engine location: front
•Mode select transmission
•Block heater

ramthis9501
10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Sweet!! Only thing is all that environmental crap they put on them takes the mileage down some, but you can get rid of that. Just a reason to mod :D Good luck with the buy!

nightmatt
10-14-2011, 10:28 PM
beautiful truck, good luck and hope u get it

(S.M.R) 101
10-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys... they only thing that I'm tripping on is it does not have the full center console..... I really want that

So they have another truck they are going to bring up tomorrow for me to look at same color but it's an outdoorsman edition it's a couple grand more but does have the center console painted grille shell and a few other options that this one does not have.. So I'm going to check that one out too

Matt
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
what gearing?

Matt
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
i'm thinking about doing the same but i'm looking at a
cummins
manual 6
mega cab
and cheapest sticker with the minimal options i want is about 48k ... and i'm not liking that lol

(S.M.R) 101
10-14-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 4.10 with the LSD he told me but i can't remember what he said

(S.M.R) 101
10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
yeah... this one is 49K and the other one they are going to bring is like 52-53K..... yikes lol but if I get one i'm going to get what I want this time. My truck is paid for but don't know if I want to trade in or not

ramthis9501
10-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Not sure if your wanting brand new or if you would buy used but my dads 06 mega cab with the 5.9 is imo the best truck out there. He's got the Laramie to so it's loaded and it has the center console. Mileage is great to along with alot of power. I'm getting him talked into getting a programmer and exhaust then it'll really wake the beast within lol

Matt
10-15-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm pretty sure it's 4.10 with the LSD he told me but i can't remember what he said

yeah they don't offer a 4.10 with the manual sadly ... if you do get it would you mind pm'img me exactly what sticker was and what they did for you .. for some reason everyone likes to bs what they actually paid for a truck to seem like they ripped off the dealer and got the deal of the century lol

Matt
10-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Not sure if your wanting brand new or if you would buy used but my dads 06 mega cab with the 5.9 is imo the best truck out there. He's got the Laramie to so it's loaded and it has the center console. Mileage is great to along with alot of power. I'm getting him talked into getting a programmer and exhaust then it'll really wake the beast within lol

why is he getting rid of it and why is he modding it if he's getting rid of it he won't see that money back ... what color is it? 4x4? mileage? auto?

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 01:19 AM
He's not getting rid of it. I was just saying that the 06 mega cab is a very nice truck. And it's a black 4x4 with 127,000 miles and yes it is an auto.

Matt
10-15-2011, 01:29 AM
it might be a nice truck but it's hard finding a 5 almost 6 year old truck in great condition and with low miles and i know you have reservations against the 6.7 for some reason but the motor is a monster when you remove the dpf shit

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Yeah I would like an 07 or 08 mega but the ones I have been looking at go anywhere from 30K up to 42K so I might as well just buy a new one..

This one has 29 miles on it. and even for an HD it rides like a dream.. I just want a brand new truck

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 01:32 AM
What Matt said.. The first mod will be a DPF delete kit for sure... and I am really impressed with that 6.7... I have always been a fan of the 5.9 but I can tell we a few mods this thing will be a fucking beast.. (it already kinda is tho)

Matt
10-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Yeah I would like an 07 or 08 mega but the ones I have been looking at go anywhere from 30K up to 42K so I might as well just buy a new one..

This one has 29 miles on it. and even for an HD it rides like a dream.. I just want a brand new truck

exactly i dont' get peoples pricing

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 01:34 AM
No doubt dude... and these are ones with 100K + miles??? WTF

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 01:39 AM
That's what I was thinking of, the dpf delete. I've just always been in love with the 5.9 lol but the 6.7 does have some power, 800 lbs of torque is pretty awesome!

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 01:41 AM
And I guess we just got lucky finding his truck, just took alot looking and waiting though

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 01:48 AM
yeah If I can get it in the 500Hp range and bump up that Tq to the 1000 range I'd be happy :)

Matt
10-15-2011, 01:55 AM
127k is high mileage

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 02:01 AM
yeah but anybody would argue the milage because it's a diesel and they all say 100K is just breaking the truck in... But if i'm going to spend 40K on a truck with 127K........ i'd be the one putting them miles on there.

Matt
10-15-2011, 02:05 AM
exactly .. bc honestly these new trucks aren't built that good anymore .. so yeah the motor might be able to last but the truck will have small issues here and there atleast

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah honestly 127k is really nothing. My dad has an old friend that had an 86 2500 with the 5.9 and I'm not lying, he put over 600,000 miles on the truck then he sold it to a friend and the guy is still driving it today. I bet he's got over a million miles on that thing lol All he had to do was change the oil every 3,000 miles and never had any problems with the other stuff. So yeah they don't build them like they used to but I'll bet that we can do that to the 06 to, just do regular maintaince and it should run forever.

OklaHemi
10-15-2011, 11:31 AM
what are you driving today kyle

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 12:10 PM
still in the Hemi... Waiting for a phone call :D

Matt
10-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah honestly 127k is really nothing. My dad has an old friend that had an 86 2500 with the 5.9 and I'm not lying, he put over 600,000 miles on the truck then he sold it to a friend and the guy is still driving it today. I bet he's got over a million miles on that thing lol All he had to do was change the oil every 3,000 miles and never had any problems with the other stuff. So yeah they don't build them like they used to but I'll bet that we can do that to the 06 to, just do regular maintaince and it should run forever.

as someone who owns a 06 i disagree ... these new trucks are not made to last like that -- the cummins will last long but everything around it ... nope

and even as sketchy as a million miles with no issues on anything ESPECIALLY in one of the eras that had tons of tranny issues sounds. ok ... however you're lying, bc they didn't put the 12 valve 5.9 in a truck untill 89

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Not lying, maybe it was a little newer but I know it was a 5.9

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-15-2011, 03:05 PM
So what's the word on the other truck they were bringing in K?

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Ok I really like the other truck..... Outdoorsman edition this thing has all kinds of goodies. Nav, backup assist, the center console, spray on bed liner, and a ton of other shit.... This one is priced at 55k... But he's working on some promotions and some other shit.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Good luck buddy. I've heardthe outdoorsman is awesome.

(S.M.R) 101
10-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh this one is the perfect truck dude... I had to leave the dealership before we got done with everything... Work was calling me. So might be Monday before I know anything.

ramthis9501
10-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Good luck man

OklaHemi
10-15-2011, 08:22 PM
that had got to be frustrating

MegaCabMan
10-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Keep in mind with the DPF delete, if you trade the truck in later for the next truck you will kill your resale value because the dealer will see your truck is missing $5000 in parts, that they will have to replace. Also you may run into warranty issues. In the type of work you do you cant count on going to your favorite mod friendly dealer for a repair. If your truck breaks your going to have to get it fixed and fast, it's your bread and butter and you wont have time to fight with some dealer in Podunk America over whether or not your mod caused the failure.

Just my .02, but that's why I am waiting till I hit 100K mi before I dick with modding on my truck.

And $48k on that truck ain't bad, you might could squeeze them for another grand or 2 but that's going to be about it.

Good luck!

(S.M.R) 101
10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Speaking of Podunk dealers........ I should have gone to the dealer I usually go to..

This bunch of people is a joke.. I'll give the short version

So I get to the dealership this morning and meet with the sales guy, we start going over the contract and I’m noticing little "Hidden fees" here and there so as I’m calling bull shit he keeps getting up and going to the sales manager.. Well about the 3rd time he gets up to go talk to him I decided I was going to tag along because things were not adding up like I was told.. So I go into his office and the S.M guy looks at me and goes.. You can go have a seat at his (the sales guy) desk we are talking about a few thing?? Really dude.....

So I said no I’d rather listen in since what was arranged the other day is not being presented to me now.. So the S.M. asked me to have a seat and starts going into this long drawn out story about how the sales guy is new and not really use to how promotions and sign on bonus stuff works and that he made a few "mistakes" in telling me he could get me what he offered me the other day?.......... So I said then why are you allowing him to make deals with people if he does not know the ins and outs of negotiating deals?

Now this is the part that really pissed me off and threw the whole deal...

This man looks at me then looks down at a sheet of paper and says..... "I don't know what you’re trying to do getting us to make these numbers going down, judging from your monthly income you could have this truck paid off in a year.. It’s not like your hurting for money"....... are you fucking kidding me?

So I told him that it was no business of his how much money I made or when I would pay the truck off.. But that we agreed on one thing and now you’re telling me that you’re not going to because I make too much money and you feel that I can pay for the whole thing????? What a fucking ass clown..

I told him it's not about money for me.. It’s about making a deal that both parties agree on and sticking to that.. And I mean we are not talking an ass load of money off the sticker price we are talking like 5 or 6 grand.. and I was looking to drop 10-12 grand down on it....... so I told these ass hats to get bent.. The sales guy followed me out all the way to my truck and then when I left he called me begging me to come back... I don't think so..

So I decided to check some reviews about this place..(Which I should have done in the first place due to this not being my usual dealer) and sure as shit this place has some bad reviews.. And they were all about how shitty the S.M was to them and how he lied to them about everything... Sounds familiar huh......

So I called my dealer and he said if I wanted to he could have a truck like that in a week or so if I wanted it.. So my lesson was learned here.. But I was excited about this one for real.. I might try and work something out with my dealer sometime when I can make it back to NY..

MegaCabMan
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
WOW! classic old school car dealership games. The place won't be in business long acting like that. In today's "information age" society you got to play the game on the up-and-up of your gonna be out.

Sorry to hear you got your time wasted...you should post this over on DT along with the Dealer's name so someone else doesn't get hosed.

Matt
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Keep in mind with the DPF delete, if you trade the truck in later for the next truck you will kill your resale value because the dealer will see your truck is missing $5000 in parts, that they will have to replace. Also you may run into warranty issues. In the type of work you do you cant count on going to your favorite mod friendly dealer for a repair. If your truck breaks your going to have to get it fixed and fast, it's your bread and butter and you wont have time to fight with some dealer in Podunk America over whether or not your mod caused the failure.

Just my .02, but that's why I am waiting till I hit 100K mi before I dick with modding on my truck.

And $48k on that truck ain't bad, you might could squeeze them for another grand or 2 but that's going to be about it.

Good luck!
if i was to take it off i would definitely keep it for re-sale

(S.M.R) 101
10-17-2011, 04:02 PM
WOW! classic old school car dealership games. The place won't be in business long acting like that. In today's "information age" society you got to play the game on the up-and-up of your gonna be out.

Sorry to hear you got your time wasted...you should post this over on DT along with the Dealer's name so someone else doesn't get hosed.

I posted or RF and 3 of the guys told me that them people were crooked.. not to buy from them..

Like I said that place is a joke

OklaHemi
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
nice to see someone with accountability. sorry the deal wasnt to your liking and the manager was a douche.