PDA

View Full Version : Learned something new

ramthis9501
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Well I got pulled over for the first time today. The cop said I didn't signal and my taillights were to dark. I thought Oklahoma didn't really enforce that? Anyway no ticket but he told me to slow down to cause I guess I take a turn to fast at school. Luckily he was cool about it, guess I better watch out around this small town

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
They will enforce it, but I've never seen them pull someone over FOR their tails. I assume they would if they were crazy dark, but it's one of those things they will enforce while they have you pulled over already. You got lucky.

MegaCabMan
10-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Your 16 and in a small town, you can count on that not being your last time. Sounds like you acted the right way, but remember when it happens again just keep a good attitude about it and be respectful and 9 times out of 10 you will get off with a warning---unless you are way over the speed limit, doing something stupid or you've been pulled over by the same guy for the same thing. In those cases 9 times out of 10 you will get a ticket.

I had a friend that was a reserve deputy in Lincoln county and they look for any equipment violation so they can run you and your passengers for wants/warrants, and look for guns and drugs; so tented tails are an equipment violation, and an invitation to be pulled over anytime a cop feels like it. So if you keep your taillights the way they are make sure you and your passengers are on the straight and narrow every time you get behind the wheel.

abn1985
10-13-2011, 06:36 PM
well i got pulled over for the first time today. The cop said i didn't signal and my taillights were to dark. I thought oklahoma didn't really enforce that? Anyway no ticket but he told me to slow down to cause i guess i take a turn to fast at school. Luckily he was cool about it, guess i better watch out around this small town

damn popo's!!!!

ramthis9501
10-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Damn I just keep having to pump money into this thing for the small things like lights. I don't want to buy the ebay crap again, they're overpriced anyway. Is there anyway to get the tint off my lights now?

Matt
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
sand clear and buff

ramthis9501
10-13-2011, 07:49 PM
What grit of sandpaper?

Okiespaniels
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I'd try scratch x first without the sandpaper.

myoung84
10-13-2011, 09:35 PM
My first attempt at tinting my mirror signals didn't look as good as I hoped. I wet sanded with 1000 grit and they were super smooth and it took off all the spray tint. A little clear and they would have been back to normal.

ramthis9501
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I have some 800 grit, so I guess I'll do that tomorrow

OU Hemi
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I've been pulled over twice for my 3rd brake light not working.. Both times were after 4 am. Small time cops look for trouble sometimes. Once I took off early from work, other I was going hunting.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-13-2011, 11:02 PM
I think "looking for trouble" is harsh...but it's hard to translate what you mean by it just reading words on a computer screen. They use that to check for wants/warrants. I know it sucks, but remember that next time you hear a murderer or something was busted for a broken tail light.

Matt
10-13-2011, 11:23 PM
timothy mcveigh for instance

if you don't want pulled over/fined etc. then don't break the law ... i have never owned a legal car in my life but i also don't complain when i get pulled over and such

ramthis9501
10-13-2011, 11:29 PM
That's one thing I've learned from watching "Cops" lol as long as you play it cool, your more likely to get off easier with a warning. I'm just going to start watching closer and slow it down a bit so I don't get anymore trouble.

myoung84
10-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I have been pulled over many times for stupid stuff when I was younger. Cops really just wanting to look for drugs or whatever. Once instance many years ago in a Cache the same cop got me 3 weekends in a row at the same intersection. My car apparently looked like someone else's car that was running drugs. One was rolling though a stop sign, one for loud music and once for something else stupid, don't exactly remember. They were BS stops, but I played it cool. He searched my car twice. I could have resisted but since I had nothing to hide, I just tried to make the prick happy.

OklaHemi
10-15-2011, 11:38 AM
every stop light isnt a race light sir.