PDA

View Full Version : Local Car Shows

OklaHemi
09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
i figured it will be easier for us to start out with local events so here are some upcoming from various areas in OK. i will be attending this one

Sept 25th Owasso, OK Fifth Annual Friendship Baptist Car & Bike Show &Shine
14100 E. 86th St. North, ; Registration: 1pm; Entry Fee $5; Show & Shine Starts at 2pm; 1st and 2nd place awards will be given in six different catatgories. All procedes will go to Tulsa Mission Needs. Concession will be available. email: [email protected] or call 918-272-2003

OklaHemi
09-16-2011, 02:07 PM
here are some of the upcoming ones and a link to the site i got them from. if any of the tulsa guys see one they like or know of one that isnt here let us know. Thanks Mike

http://www.route66cruisersok.org/carshow.htm

Sept 30th - Oct 1st Claremore, OK Route 66 Cruisers Car Club of Claremore Swap Meet Will Rogers Round Up Club Rodeo Grounds 13601 E. 480 Rd. (East Blue Starr Dr.) Same Directions as to Claremore Lake 30 ft. X 30 ft. spaces $ 30.00 for the 2 days Larger Spaces Available Information 918-284-5186 See Flyer

Oct 1st Jenks, OK Green Country Classic Mustangs Ford Powered Car Show Jenks Aquarium More Details to follow Visit their Website

Oct 1st Mounds, OK Mounds Car Show downtown Mounds information (918) 827-1047 see Flyer

Oct 1st Miami, Ok 3rd annual Car Show Endless Memories Car Club at Miami Fair Grounds on South Main. Contact Butch (918) 964-0556 or visit Website

Oct 1st Tulsa, Ok Tulsa Bible Church is having its 2nd Annual Fall Festival and Car Show. There is no cost for the event and there is free food, drinks and fun for the whole family. The event is on Saturday, October 1, 2011 from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM. email address ([email protected]). If you or any of your club members have any questions, don't hesitate to ask via this email address or at 918-605-5426. Thanks for your time and I hope to see you there! See show Flyer

Oct 1st Tulsa, OK 2nd Annual Victory Christian Center Car and Motorcycle Show 7700 S. Lewis, Ave, 9am-1pm Registration 7:30AM Day of Show $20; Early $15 Phone 918-298-2202

Oct 1st Fredonia, Ks 30th Annual Homecoming Day Fun Run for More info contact (620) 378-2600 or see Flyer

Oct 1st Anderson, Mo The Anderson Betterment Club is hosting a car show on Saturday, from Noon to 6 on Main Street in . Registration starts at noon, with dash plaques going to the first 50 entrants. Entry fees are $5.00 per entry before the show, $10.00 per entry day of show.
This will be a people's choice show. There will be six prize categories: Best In Class Truck - modified & original; Best In Class Car-modified & original; Best In Show-modified & original.
We will also be holding a 50/50 split the pot drawing, with proceeds from the drawing going to the Anderson Betterment Club. The show will be held in conjunction with the Smoke on the Water BBQ cookoff contest being held right down the street from our show. It promises to be an event filled with great food and fun! Attached is a flier/entry form with more information. Feel free to print it, copy it and get it out to your fellow car club enthusiasts. You can fill out the form and mail it back to the ABC at the address listed. It is also found on our website at www.andersonbetterment.org.
If you would like more information from us, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. See flyer

Oct 1st Stillwater, OK Downtown Car Show Main Street between 6th and 12th Avenues $20 Entry Fee Day of 10am – 2pm Sept 30 Cruise In at the Boom a Rang 6pm–9pm Info call Angela McLaughlin 405.742.8359 [email protected] http://www.stillwatercarshow.com

Oct 1st Dewar, Ok Harvest Festival Car Show contact Jim (918) 810-2454 See Flyer

Oct 1st Owasso, OK Computer Troubleshooters / Interstate Battery Show and Shine 7703 N. Owasso Expressway 1-5PM Contact Jason Parkman 918.609.8222

Okiespaniels
09-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll be going to the Claremore show the RT 66 cruisers are hosting Sept 24th at Claremore lake. It's a great setting and theres plenty to do if you don't want to sit at the show all day. For a very nominal fee you can fish, and there is plenty of food and entertainment.

Last year an area off road club also had a display at the same park. Most all the vehicles were far more serious than mine.

Not many Rams there either...I won my class (off road 4x4) and got a cool plaque.

OklaHemi
09-16-2011, 11:29 PM
my wife has actually encouraged me to enter a show, i am self conscious about my truck.

that does look like a fun one. i never even knew claremore had a lake and i was born there

Okiespaniels
09-16-2011, 11:49 PM
my wife has actually encouraged me to enter a show, i am self conscious about my truck.

that does look like a fun one. i never even knew claremore had a lake and i was born there

Y'know..I can appreciate the feeling. My truck has tons of "Arizona pinstripping" on it yet. There are other flaws as well. It isn't filled with plushy carpet, leather appointments, braided fluid hoses or flames. But it is clean...which brings me to my next point.

I assure you that these types of shows are not how shall I carefully put this....ISCA type shows. I've never seen the judges spend more than a minute looking over any vehicle. I've never seen ONE even glance at my suspension mods, and they probably wouldn't know a disconnect from a limit strap. Which brings me to my final pont.

These shows, for most of the participants, are not about trophies. They're about hanging with your friends, eating fattening foods, laughing and joking, checking out the ladies (if your're a guy) and getting away from it all. It's for dreaming of those big mods, talking sports, drinking beer, talking cars or kids or anything or nothing at all. That's what car shows used to be about, and if it weren't for those kinds of entrants there would be no shows today.
Oh sure there are serious dudes there, but for a 10 buck trophy or plaque? I'm thrilled to win a cool door prize.

916Timmy
09-17-2011, 12:26 AM
It's nicer than mine! Go for it....you might be plesently surprised!!!

Okiespaniels
09-24-2011, 11:16 AM
As you can see by this post, I didn't get to Claremore today. Slept late and didn't feel well when I got up.
There's a car show in Mounds next Saturday and I am going to try and make that.

OklaHemi
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
that sucks that looked like fun. im still on for tomorrow for the one here in owasso. should be nice

Okiespaniels
09-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Maybe I'll drive up and walk around. What time does the show end?

OklaHemi
09-25-2011, 10:43 AM
It was only for a few hours. Not too long. Shine started at 2, im on my fone or I would look

Okiespaniels
09-25-2011, 11:40 AM
It's Sunday (today) right?

OklaHemi
09-25-2011, 12:02 PM
yes al today. im such a dork the info is in the first post. i have a tentative time of 1:30 but my baby sitter is flaking on me. i may have a plus three there. i have been to a few shows but never entered one. do i have to stay by my truck for anything? and i dont have a show board, will that hurt me? i think im over thinking

Okiespaniels
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
You're overthinking.

Go, park your truck, wipe off the latest bugs or smidges, shine your tires if you haven't. Pop your hood and door if you choose then go check out the other rides.
When you're tired of walking and/or talking go back to your truck, flip open a chair and kick back. BTW the last steps can be reversed. :)
Be cool and helpful to anyone who talks to you, and ignore any negative comments.

OklaHemi
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Well I went and registered, I met Al out there. It was a really nice day for a show and hot dogs. There were a lot of really nice cars ajd trucks present. I didnt place but it was cool to be there. Danika was in charge of photo and I havent looked through them yet. There is another one next weekend at the pumpkin patch in owasso in the morning. I am planning on attending that one, it will be more kid friendly

ramthis9501
09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
And I might show up to that one as well

Okiespaniels
09-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Took some pics which I'll post later. The ram air system on your truck is very cool Mike! <pun not intended...:)

Also have some suggestions for first time particpants.

OklaHemi
09-25-2011, 10:34 PM
sweet thanks al

ramthis9501
09-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Also have some suggestions for first time particpants.

That would be appreciated!

Okiespaniels
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
I guess I hadn't taken that many photos... but there are a couple ideas I'd like to offer up to anyone considering entering a vehicle.
The first thing I should note is that you don't need a lot of mods to be competitive, but I highly reccomend a thorough cleaning of any part of your vehicle you either want the public to see, or think the judging panel might look at. Note: this isn't an attempt to pick on anybody, just some suggestions.

So if you are gonna show off your motor, take a few minutes at the local car wash and give her a quick spray down at least. Get all of this summers bugs out of the radiator Use the foamy brush or something stiffer if need be. If things still aren't to your satisfaction use some dish soap and a couple scrubbers to get the fender wells and battery. Hoses can be cleaned with Westleys and then wipped with a rag with protectant

Ditto with the undercarrage...chrome diff housings should be shiny, and a good cleaning and and a can of semi gloss or chassis black is a great way to temporarly deal with rusty components. Works on plastic wheelwell liners too!

Accentuate the positive! Door dings can be "hidden" by opening the door to reveal your awesome seats and stereo system. While I'm not a fan of them a couple of stuffed critters can be used for the "cute factor".
Same with fender scratches...I should have used fender covers to begin with but now isn't too late.

Tires and rims...the shiney guck goes on the tires and the rest should be clean and free of brake dust. Buy a lug nut brush for a couple bucks and use it.

Mike, you asked about a show board. Not needed but if you have pics of your ride being modded or doing something cool like drag racing or off roading, wouldn't hurt to advertise.

The cool thing is once you've gotten things cleaned and detailed, it takes only a minimal amount of effort to keep them that way. So your time with kids and family doesn't have to suffer.

ramthis9501
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
For the most part, the body is in pretty good shape, I just got some spots on the paint that are noticeable if you look real close. Other then that its fine, now I just need to get a sub or two so my stereo will be loud again :D

BMRbrnSNRbrd
09-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Paint your roll pan too Colton.

Matt
09-26-2011, 11:57 PM
ya i have way too many issues that i can see with my truck to ever want to show it ... maybe after a paint job lol

BMRbrnSNRbrd
09-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Hell no dude...get that bumper on, go play in the mud a bit, clean the interior, and show it like that. I would vote for a badass lifted truck with some mud slung up it.

Matt
09-27-2011, 12:58 AM
hard to find mud anywhere around here at the moment haha

ramthis9501
09-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Paint your roll pan too Colton.

One day I'm just going to repaint the whole truck, until then I guess it'll remain black lol

OklaHemi
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I now my truck lookd like shiyat overall. I had the whole morning set aside to detail but the baby sitter flaked and I didnt even plan on showing at all. The guys and my kids talked me into it. Next time I will be better prepared. I had someone ask about the intake so I popped the hood

Okiespaniels
09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
My truck has lots of issues, but I show it anyway. Most people don't notice them and those who do never comment. Or I never hear them. Probably 'cuz I don't care!
The cool thing is that when you're in a sea of musclecars, street rods and assorted antiques, very few people notice my truck or it's flaws.
Many of you talk about growing the forum, but how are you planning on doing it if you either aren't parked somewhere where folks with similar vehicles can find you, or at least spectating at the event?
I can assure you that if you aproached me about a "truck club/forum" at a show I would be more interested if you were a fellow participant than just some guy walking through passing out cards.

Mike, your truck truck did NOT look like shiyat or whatever that is. There were a couple of real tatty rides there that I give the owners kudos for having the balls to park 'em in the lot. I always worry that when offering advice I may offend someone if they feel I'm pointing a finger.

ramthis9501
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
That's why me and Mike are going to this car show Saturday in Owasso and both entering it. And I'm going to make sure to have plenty of cards to hand out

Okiespaniels
09-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Got any info on that show?
Nevermind, I found it. :)

Matt
09-27-2011, 10:38 PM
ya i just don't like hearing negative things about something i have a lot of effort into ... so it would piss me off to hear someone rag on my truck .. and we all know we see every flaw of our own truck more than anyone ... atleast that's how i am so a lot of times we think it's worse than it is .. but i'm just happy to enjoy my truck by myself

OklaHemi
09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
it wasnt ragging in knew my truck wasnt to my standards. i can accept criticism. that was a 45 min quick job that barely got the floor vacuumed. this sat my truck will be pristine and while i dont expect to win it will make a decent showing. glad you found it Al. i wish i could have parked closer to the trucks but like i said i showed up an hour late. now im going to wipe down the subs

ramthis9501
09-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah we'll all have to park together and make an appearance

Okiespaniels
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
ya i just don't like hearing negative things about something i have a lot of effort into ... so it would piss me off to hear someone rag on my truck .. and we all know we see every flaw of our own truck more than anyone ... atleast that's how i am so a lot of times we think it's worse than it is .. but i'm just happy to enjoy my truck by myself

I'm old enuff so that it doesn't bother me anymore because the only person I have to impress is myself. I never critique, only offer suggestions.

It doesn't look like we'll be heading North on Saturday. My co-pilot wants to go to Mounds and check out thier show.

OklaHemi
09-28-2011, 08:42 PM
sweet have fun out there. i didnt even know about it until last sat.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
The only show I've ever entered (never did one with the '04...looking back it was pretty sweet and I should have) I heard a guy ragging on my truck like crazy...it said it was completely stock and just kept going...it got me hot but I got to thinking...if he can't see the subtle things I HAVE done...he doesn't know what he's looking at.

ramthis9501
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
So to be clear we're going to the Computer Troubleshooters / Interstate Battery Show and Shine, right?

OklaHemi
09-28-2011, 09:07 PM
no its at the pumpkin patch.

ramthis9501
09-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Is it listed above?

Okiespaniels
09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Here's the entry form. I did see a link from Owasso about the Computer Trouble shooters .

http://storage.cloversites.com/firstunitedmethodistchurchofowassooklahoma/documents/Car_Show_Registration2011_2.pdf

Here's the link to the trouble shooters show...it has free admission.

http://www.owasso411.com/2011/09/car-show-saturday.html

Two shows in the same town? OUCH!

ramthis9501
09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks Al

ramthis9501
09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Anyone else want to join in at the show tomorrow?

Okiespaniels
09-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Did you and Mike decide which show you were going to?

ramthis9501
10-01-2011, 01:02 AM
I think the one I mentioned in an earlier post, the show and shine

OklaHemi
10-01-2011, 01:04 AM
the afternoon one. my daughters horse trainer called and scheduled a lesson for the morning and i cant tell her no she cant go riding.

916Timmy
10-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Newcastle Sonic.....Tri-City Cruisers show...on my way!

ramthis9501
10-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Newcastle Sonic.....Tri-City Cruisers show...on my way!

Dang it, I'd go if I were home right now

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Hell, I'm watching the OU game.

Okiespaniels
10-01-2011, 08:51 PM
So...how was the show? :)

OklaHemi
10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
we got there late but it was mostly gto's and cameros. no place for a ram. it was more a gtg than a show. but we did get to see some bad ass super charged gtos slinging rubber. literally you could pick it up off the ground. one gto was pushing 700 hp

ramthis9501
10-01-2011, 09:56 PM
It was badass...

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/ramthis9501/2011-10-01_15-21-29_838.jpg

BMRbrnSNRbrd
10-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm surprised with that much rubber near a large road you didn't have the law show up.

ramthis9501
10-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Haha they did actually, the cop rolled up with windows down and pulled up to the cars. He was really cool though, just said not to get to crazy but have fun. That was awesome

Okiespaniels
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
we got there late but it was mostly gto's and cameros. no place for a ram. it was more a gtg than a show. but we did get to see some bad ass super charged gtos slinging rubber. literally you could pick it up off the ground. one gto was pushing 700 hp

Yes....as I descovered when I rolled in about 2pm ish...so I started to go and find the "pumpkin patch". Didn't see any GTOs or Camaros, they dont bother me anyway.
I was just opening the the door to my truck at the kum and go by the high school when I spotted a black ram and silver Ram with Black rims headed West. No one must have seen me wave, and by the time I got to the street and turned right, neither truck could be spotted.:favorites68: So after a short and fruitless search I returned to Tulsa.
Wasn't a total loss because I descovered on the way home that Northern Tool has set up shop in Tulsa. I was lucky to get out of there with just a set of new wiper blades!
I spent the afternoon sanding the handle assembly down for my tire hold down and making some gussets for it.

You guys must have missed the 67 Coronet which has won a bunch of shows. :rockit:

ramthis9501
10-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I actually think I saw you Al, wasn't for sure if it was you but it was a lifted 2nd gen lol and I did see the Cornet, it had a 440!

Okiespaniels
10-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Tsk tsk, and you didn't stop to give me a business card...shame on you Colton!

Ahhh just joshin' ya man!

OklaHemi
10-02-2011, 12:04 AM
hey al im going to pm you my phone number. we would have been there sooner but i took my kids to a b day party and they brought a 5' alligator, 6' burmese python, and 6 month old kangaroo. i could not pass up the opportunity to play with an alligator, they are just awesome. it was on a harness and walked around on a leash. they had the mouth taped shut for safety.

ramthis9501
10-02-2011, 12:20 AM
I'll be in Tulsa again soon, we'll have to all meet up then!

OklaHemi
10-02-2011, 12:26 AM
the burnouts were awesome. i think we saw 2 supercharged gto's a modded g8 and a SS camero. the were roasting them until the disappeared into the smoke. the cop pulled up and asked if we were doing burnouts, tolds us to be careful, and it smelled really good.

the 67 Coronet was a bad ass car but he was packing it up shortly after we arrived. he did floor it while merging onto the highway that fucker is flat out fast.

Al im a QT baby you will never catch me at a kum and go

Okiespaniels
10-02-2011, 08:46 AM
I had stopped at the K&G because the nice ladies at the QT were clueless as to the existence of the Pumpkin patch. By fluke a customer purchasing a case of bud lite(irony?) in the K&g told us where we might find the church.