PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion.

Andrews Ram
04-17-2014, 05:52 PM
If it every warms up for a day or weekend, I am thinking about trying to do some racing stripes or graphics on my truck. I have a few ideas on both, but seeing as I am not a professional painter, I was thinking of having a stencil made from some stuff I had done on PS, then trying to use plastidip for the painting or stencil work. Anyone tried this before or have any ideas? The image is crappy as I can't get to deviant art from my work computer, but will give you an idea. Any thought or comments are welcomed.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
I honestly can't tell what I'm looking at?

If you do it with Plasti-dip, you'll probably regret it. The rough edges will peel pretty easily. If it were me, I would either pay a vinyl shop to cut it out or pay a little more and have them cut it out and apply it.

gunner1374
02-20-2015, 10:03 AM
I honestly can't tell what I'm looking at?

If you do it with Plasti-dip, you'll probably regret it. The rough edges will peel pretty easily. If it were me, I would either pay a vinyl shop to cut it out or pay a little more and have them cut it out and apply it.

^^^ What he said ^^^ It is possible to get a nice clean edge with PlastiDip, but it is difficult. I did a set of hood spears on mine, when I first got it, and they looked good for the 6 months or so that I had the on, but very hard to get clean lines. You have to remove the tape lines while the PlastiDip is wet or it will never look right. I am thinking of doing the same. Hit me up if you have not done them yet and I can possibly help you out? PlastiDip is a great way to get an idea of the look before doing vinyl or paint(both of which I can do as well).