PDA

View Full Version : not good news

nightmatt
03-26-2013, 12:55 PM
well I believe my trans is about to go out. damn. it slipped on me this past Friday. I had just pulled off the highway and was sitting at a light getting ready to turn. well I pushed the gas and the truck didn't move it just revved up. so I let off and pushed it again and it moved that time. I'm pretty sure the truck the next day wasn't going into OD on my way to norman. my rpms were higher then usual. the way home home it was fine tho. looks like all that racing and nitrous finally caught up to me. not sure what I want to do yet. fix it or sell it. I've been wanting a new truck for a while. but I love not having payments

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
IF you decide to try and swap it out or service it, you know I'm willing to help bud. I think I'll owe you for a while.

DoubleTakeDodge
03-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Dang man, sorry to hear that.

myoung84
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
No good!

swirvin21
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Not sure what your budget or long term plan is, but I've heard great things about guys who have done an Allison swap. A bit spendy, but awesome for long term reliability. I've had everything from a simple $1000 rebuild at a chain store (still going after 30K w/ big tires) to an expensive Goerend unit. I think the simple rebuild is great for light-no towing and regular driving, but need some upgrades to handle racing. I can give you some good, reasonably priced upgrades to do if you decide to go that route.

If you do get some quotes, I'd be interested in hearing what someone would charge to replace the input seal at the converter...mine pisses a little over long trips, ggrrrr

nightmatt
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
well if I do replace it I've already decided I will go with an ats built trans. that's roughly $3500. but I just don't know if I really want to keep the truck. no reason to drop a new trans it in and then turn around and sell it.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Time for a 4th gen.

(S.M.R) 101
03-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Time for a 4th gen.

"Like"

nightmatt
03-26-2013, 10:37 PM
maybe it is time for one

swirvin21
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I can offer you a few bucks and a couple nudie mags for your non-driveable Ram..... LOL

I would HIGHLY recommend you consider getting a used trans from LKQ or another salvage yard before you sell. You're price will drop more than a used trans would cost if you sell it as is...

nightmatt
03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
she still runs just fine. she just had that one little thing happen, so far at least. luckily she only gets driven on the weekend.