PDA

View Full Version : Hello

shikityshack
03-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Was google searching and stumbled on this forum.. Once I realized a few familiar "faces" I figured I'd log in and become a member.. I'm not an Oklahoma resident so I hope its ok if I drop in from time to time, I'll mind my manners I promise.. I'm just here to check out the sweet Rams..

DoubleTakeDodge
03-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome man, if you have a ram yourself, post some pics!

shikityshack
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I have a Ram. I'm from Kansas City though.. I don't want to be treading on your guys territory.. Mainly just joined so I could view all your guys pics!!

ramthis9501
03-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Yeah man post some pics of your truck! What are some of the familiar faces you see on here? Might have seen you myself at a car show before or something if you've been down here in the past.

03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
hey, I'm not from OK either........

share that SRT10 Everett!!!

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Hey Everett! Show everyone that badass SRT.

By the way, we have no problem with out of town members.

(S.M.R) 101
03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Welcome to ORC buddy. We're not too picky here, good group of people on here.

Lets see that mopar!

shikityshack
03-22-2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah man post some pics of your truck! What are some of the familiar faces you see on here? Might have seen you myself at a car show before or something if you've been down here in the past.

By familiar "faces" I just mean I recognize them for another Forum..
Like 0212353..(Jeremy) and Bmrbrnsnrbrd(David)
If you guys really insist on pics, thats easy enough.. I do enjoy showing off a bit from time to time!! LOL!!

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!!

My favorite of all the rams are the 3rd gens.. So that is what I am sticking with for now.. Depending how the 2013s work out with the new 8 speed tranny I may pick one up (4th gen) next summer.. Not sure as of now though. But I do like the R/Ts really well. Just wish they came in a manual..

As far as pics go this white 07 Ram has found a new (good) home now, but it was my first Ram build and I do miss it regularly.. I bought this truck new in 07 and enjoyed it immensly as a daily until July of 2012.

Here is my Current Ram Project (not a daily driver).. I picked it up with very low miles and it was completely stock when I found it.. Here is the most current pics of it.. I will add though that I kept the wheels off my white truck and put them on my Silver one in favor of the factory SRTs because I like them better.. The SRT stockers in storage..

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Love both trucks dude but that white one was amazing! So you have two sets of the SRTs? Also, who makes the SRT wheels you run on your silver truck? I love that polished face with black backing.

shikityshack
03-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Love both trucks dude but that white one was amazing! So you have two sets of the SRTs? Also, who makes the SRT wheels you run on your silver truck? I love that polished face with black backing.

Thanks man.. I have debated since the day I started modding the silver one if I want to copy the theme of the white one, only in silver and black instead.. Or mabe Mineral gray and silver?? Its a tough call.. I keep running through ideas for it with the paint and I keep coming back to the white one for inspiration..
I should have just kept the damn thing.. I only got rid of it because I had no place to store it with all the other cars I have around here.. And the wife said somthings gotta go.:mad3: She was right though....
I got the Machined SRTs from OEM replica wheels?? I can't remeber the name of the place now.. But they aren't forged like the stockers... All the other specs are the same though.. 22x10 same back spacing and all that.. You can find that company on Ebay and they also have their own web site too..

I was looking through your build thread.. WOW!!! Your truck is absolutely beautiful!! I really love what you've done with it.. I still loved your white on though too!!!!
I love the 3rd gens so much still, I can't let them go.. I looked for the "right" SRT for almost a year and before I made up my mind I made sure to look at a 2012 R/T... I had to go with the SRT and the manual is honestly a big reason of why.. The SRT has its down falls for sure but I love it!!

03-23-2013, 10:35 AM
I think mineral gray and silver is the shit. LOL

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you for all the compliments. I miss the white truck but it had a couple of large flaws that I didn't really publicize, so I try to remember those as well. It still had FAR more character than the current truck. The lack of a good metal roll pan for this truck is irritating. I've thought about having a full custom metal one built and welded in (including filling in the side areas) but that's getting really expensive once you consider blending that work into the bed paint.

shikityshack
03-23-2013, 01:05 PM
I think mineral gray and silver is the shit. LOL

LOL!! Yeah, I suppose you would feel that way.. It does look great though.. I'm heavily considering gray but something a bit darker than the mineral.. I need to look at a color pallet at some point.. My mind still isn't made up though.. Just the other day I was trying to imagine Go Mango and silver together...
And every color I think of equals a different paint scheme.... Damn trucks about to just get torn apart and painted white if I can't decide! LOL!!

Thank you for all the compliments. I miss the white truck but it had a couple of large flaws that I didn't really publicize, so I try to remember those as well. It still had FAR more character than the current truck. The lack of a good metal roll pan for these truck is irritating. I've thought about having a full custom metal one built and welded in (including filling in the side areas) but that's getting really expensive once you consider blending that work into the bed paint.

Your welcome and its well deserved..
I remember you were getting frustrated with it toward the end, wasn't sure why exactly..
Trust me I get the roll pan issue.. The SRTs are screwed in that department too.. and like you I am a big fan of the roll pan smooth look.. I know some company makes a pan set up for the 4th gens, its not my favorite or is it metal, I'm sure you must have seen one, but obviously aren't impressed by it either..
Its unfortunate that Ram, Ford and maybe Chevy too(not sure with them) inset the rear bumpers.. I hate that look personaly, and it makes it hard to smooth out the rear...
Plus I don't like the exhaust out the back like the SRT and most of the new Rams do.. I prefer it dumped out of sight.. Why did they have to make notches for it!! :yucky:

I've gone to 2 different body shops now to see about having my rear bumpers exhaust cut out filled and both of them basicly told me they didn't want to touch it and it would cost a small fortune.. It sucks, cuz I can paint all day long and even do metal work, but I don't have a clue about body work with plastic bumpers.. I know it can be done because I've seen it done..

BMRbrnSNRbrd
03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
There is one pan made for the 4th gens and it sucks, in my opinion. It is polyurethane (IIRC) and the company felt the need to add a weird body line in it that just kills the looks.