PDA

View Full Version : Help with Torque Converter Install

BGRTHNURHEMI
10-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey guys. Newbie here. I was introduced to this forum by David (BMRbrnSNRbrd). I moved here from Colorado and now live in the Tulsa area. So now to the good stuff.

I have a 2011 1500 Crew Laramie 4x4 that I am getting ready to begin modifying: ARH longtubes, exhaust, 5" pure performance lift, diablo tuner (once released at SEMA) and an Edge torque converter.

First up will be the 2800 Street Edge Torque Converter. Does anyone have any experience in installing a torque converter in a 4th gen? If so, would they be willing to install it for me for a fee, or at least help me install it?

I haven't checked around at local shops, but would imagine they would want anywhere from $300-$500 to install it. If I can get one of you guys to help me out that would be great.

Thanks.

916Timmy
10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I looked up it should be 2-3 hours of labor at a decent shop, so probably nothing too crazy! The last quote I got was 250

Okiespaniels
10-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Tech Transmission in Tulsa does my work. I don't know if they'd be the least expensive but I know thier work is good.